Thomas Graham was a large landowner in Kenton taking over the property that had earlier belonged to the Page family in 1713. Fifteen years later he expanded his ownership buying up yet more property. But when he died in 1783 the younger members of the family had no desire to maintain their farming interests. From 1785 the estate was managed by tenant farmers or sold off, as was the case with 66 acres which were purchased by a John Hunter of Gubbins who promptly sold them to Harrow School. More land went to a John Lambert who within the first decade of the 19thCentury had built a substantial residence called Kenton Lodge – later renamed Kenton Grange.
64 total views, 1 views today