Laid out in 1884. After Francis Thomas Atwood, the first vicar of Hammersmith appointed in 1834 until his death in 1856. He lived with his family at Beavor Lodge, Upper Mall. His father Thomas Stephen Atwood had been Rector of Buckworth and Morborne, and Perpetual Curate of Hammersmith, a role his son took over in 1826 until he secured an Act of Parliament to make Hammersmith a parish in its own right. He also wrote An Account of the Endowed Charities of Hammersmith.
11 total views, 1 views today