This was originally Arundel Road leading on to Devonshire Road but in 1949 it was formed into a cul-de-sac with a number of bungalows for 14 “aged persons”. The name of the street comes not via Sussex but the West End. The land on which the road was laid out was part of the Cann Hall Estate owned by the Manby-Colegrave family. Edward Manby-Colegrave was a partner in the solicitors Messrs Slaughter and Colegrave with its offices in Arundel Street off the Strand, which he used to name this street.
77 total views, 2 views today