This was laid out on the Long Lands estate, east of Hornsey Road, which was bought by the St Pancras, Marylebone and Paddington Freehold Land Society. It was sold off in plots in 1851 and given the provisional street name of Franchise Street, which like the other planned names Reform Street, Liberty Street, and Freehold Street reflected the society’s aim to create more voters. Instead, it was renamed taking inspiration from the nearby Great Northern Railway’s train depot after Andover railway junction. The same went for the names of the flats Barmouth House, Methley House, Rainford House, and Yeovil House as well as Andover House.
222 total views, 1 views today