Thought to be named after an archery range that stood near here in Elizabethan times, when facilities for practice and competition were set up in outlying villages. In 1864 the Vestry referred to the “new street called and known as Bowman’s Place and Mews” being paved. However, Bowman’s Place was there as early as 1850. Bowman’s Lodge was a house nearby.
39 total views, 1 views today