Directional. This was the ancient route from Erith to Woolwich. The name itself comes from the Old English words wull and wic meaning the wool harbour. The name of the port was first recorded as Uuluuich in AD918. It AD964 Wulleuic and in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Hulviz but by 1227 it became Wulewic.
264 total views, 1 views today