Unsurprisingly, this was named after the local vicarage for Mortlake which was built for the Reverend Albert Shadwell Shutte in 1867. It remained the home of incumbent vicars until it was sold in 1954. The architect was William Hudson of nearby St Leonards. The property is now renamed as Mortlake House. This road was originally one of the Stonehill footpaths but in 1898 the owner off the Palewell Estate Herbert Sheppard-Cross requested it be stopped up. It was claimed to be only 18 inches wide, not drained and so constantly muddy in wet weather. The path continued on to Palewell Common via a swing gate which stood cattle getting through.