Previously called Bexley Road, it was renamed in March 1939 to avoid confusion with other nearby streets of the same name. It has been suggested that it had originally been called Erith Road, following its development from a footpath. Nuxley had been the name of a small heath where Belmont School now stands. The name Nuxley which has also been spelt Naxley is a corruption of Knocksley, from Knock meaning a small hill.
Terence Court, Nuxley Road. After the builders McKinlay Williams who named several sites after their family.
243 total views, 1 views today