An old footpath that runs alongside the boundary of Bromley College. It was founded in 1666 as a legacy of John Warner, Bishop of Rochester, to provide housing for “twenty poore widowes of orthodoxe and loyall clergiemen”. It was still a country lane leading to open fields until the latter part of the 19thCentury. The early 19thCentury cottage on the north side was the home of the market gardener on the adjacent site. The nursery was originally purchased by the College in 1830 to prevent the site being developed. In 1984 the land was bought by Bromley Council and named College Green. The rear of Bromley College can be seen across the Green.
8 total views, 1 views today