A post-war development on the site of a former garage access road. It is named in honour of the wartime Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill (November 30, 1874 – January 24, 1965). During his lifetime Churchill racked up many achievements as a journalist and historian. He held various senior roles in Conservative governments, but his record in peacetime remains controversial to this day. Yet, it was his warnings about Adolf Hitler and the rise of the Nazis in Germany followed by his elevation to Prime Minister in 1940, after war had been declared, that will remain his lasting legacy. His rousing speeches and determination to fight on against a seemingly unstoppable enemy have made him the one of the most important leaders in British history.
225 total views, 1 views today