Previously White Horse Lane which led to the White Horse public house between agricultural fields. In 1896 East Ham Urban District Council bought the 18thCentury property Rancliffe House as part of its policy to provide recreation grounds for the growing population. The park was opened in July 1898, and had avenues and walks, recreational open spaces, a sundial, drinking fountains and seats. Rancliffe House originally stood within the boundaries of the park but was demolished in 1908, and the land was added to the park.
123 total views, 1 views today