Named after Sir Bedivere of Arthurian legend, who served as King Arthur’s marshal and eventually returns Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake. This road on the Downham Estate, which was constructed between 1924 and 1930, is one of several named after the fabled Knights of the Round Table. The local school Malory is named after the author Thomas Malory whose Le Morte d’Arthur is a version of the legends of King Arthur and his knights. The estate was built as part of the slum clearances following the First World War.
247 total views, 1 views today