One of three roads named after influential treasurers of the Sir John Cass Foundation, who continued the local philanthropist’s work after his death. Thomas Christie of Eagle House, Homerton, was secretary of Homerton College in 1842. Sheila Fairfield in The Streets of London speculates that it might also have been the same Mr Christie who owned lands and nearby fields on which this road was laid out in the 19thCentury. See also, Annis Road and Gascoyne Road, both E9.
41 total views, 1 views today