Edward Christopher York (who died in 1885) bought the manor house and 189 acres of Headstone Farm, which no longer had manorial rights, from a Frederick Harrison. York’s executors sold some land in 1899 and what remained was inherited by his son called Edward in 1922. Three years later, Edward York sold the house and 63 acres to Hendon Rural District Council for recreational uses. The house, known until after the Second World War as Moat Farm, was occupied by the head groundsman in 1968.
52 total views, 1 views today