Part of the A206, this is the main road from Greenwich to Woolwich. The name itself comes from the Old English words wull and wic meaning the wool harbour. The name of the port was first recorded as Uuluuich in AD918. In AD964 it was Wulleuic and in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Hulviz but as 1227 became Wulewic.
11 total views, 1 views today