- So-called by 1896, this road leads to the Ponders End Wharf on the Lee Navigation near the Corticene Floor Covering Company’s works in the 1870s. The factory had a wharf on the River Lea, to handle cork and jute for making linoleum, and closed sometime around 1930. It was previously known as Mill Lane or Mill Road. Originally it ended at the canal but was extended to form access to the A110 Lea Valley Road.
75 total views, 1 views today