Named after the centrepiece, a grassy triangle in the middle of Blairgowrie and Rattray, in Scotland, which hosts regular markets and outdoor entertainment. This road was part of the housing estate built by Archibald Cameron Corbett, the second son of Thomas Corbett, a Glasgow merchant and philanthropist. Like many of the streets Corbett developed it was named with a Scottish theme reflecting his own heritage. He developed the Hither Green estate between 1885 and 1911 having purchased 278 acres of land from the Earl of St Germans thus taking advantage of the new railway station. Enhancing this facility, Corbett loaned the South Eastern Railway £3,400 to build a more convenient entrance. The railway company also agreed to sell cheap season tickets to Corbett tenants, a major selling point for prospective buyers. Before development the area had been farmland.
105 total views, 1 views today