Directional, this was one of the direct routes to Watford via Bushey Heath. The name, which comes from Old English is thought to come from either the word waet meaning water, as in a marshy area, or wath meaning hunting and ford, meaning a river crossing. It was first mentioned in an Anglo-Saxon charter of 1007, as Watforda. This was originally called Sheepcote Road and ran all the way from Mutton Lane (today’s Sudbury Court Road) to Greenhill Road (now called Station Road).
9 total views, 1 views today