William Henry Wakeling of 2 Park Parade, Harrow Road, Wembley, was a master builder, who with James White Comben, founded the firm Comben & Wakeling in 1907. Their most notable development was Sudbury Court Estate, which was built on land sold for development by Captain Edward George Spencer-Churchill. It comprised some 1,700 so-called Tudorbethan semi-detached houses, built between 1928 and 1834. The company continued until 1984, having changed its name to the Comben Group and Comben Homes, when it was bought out by Trafalgar House and integrated in its Ideal Homes housebuilding business.
56 total views, 1 views today