Named after a major land owning family in Sidcup, this road was built on an area of their land. Elizabeth Stuart, who was married to lawyer Robert Upperton, inherited the land from her father. When the estate was divided between her and her sister in 1843, Place Green House fell to the Uppertons. In 1858, the Uppertons sold the house to Elizabeth Jane Lewin. Upperton Road was built in the following year.
203 total views, 1 views today