Though it was built much later, along with King Henry’s Walk, Boleyn Road, King Henry Street, Wolsey Road and Queen Margaret’s Grove, this commemorates key figures in the political and religious drama that marked the start of the English Reformation. The names were chosen on account of a royal hunting lodge which once existed south of Newington Green where Henry VIII is known to have hunted wild boar, stags and bull. Up until therapy 19thCentury this was an area of dense woodland, part of the ancient Forest of Middlesex. It was developed from around the 1830s which is when the other streets in the group, along with some of the local Tudor-style architecture, were built. This street was built between 1952 and 1959 on the site of earlier almshouses.
145 total views, 1 views today