There are a number of possible theories behind the naming of this street, which was first laid out in 1666. It was originally called Trumpadere Street, and is thought to be a reference to the trumpet or horn makers who once worked there or in the adjacent Trump Alley, now gone. Trumpeters were in big demand and began to be used as instruments only in the late 14th or early 15thCentury. An alternative suggestion is that it was named after a local public house The Trumpeter or after a local builder or property owner.
125 total views, 2 views today