Descriptive, this is a mound by the Tower of London. First recorded in 1343, nearly 150 years after the completion of the White Tower, as Tourhelle. Later it was le Tourhill in 1348, Toerhil in 1550 and Towrehyll in 1561. It was a place of executions from the middle of the 14thCentury until the mid-18thCentury, the last in 1747.
47 total views, 1 views today