Tokyngton was the original name for the local district of Oakingham, in Wembley, it means a farm or estate connected with Toca or the sons of Toca, the T was lost in the late 16thCentury. It is in the south-east corner of Harrow, separated from Willesden and Kingsbury by the River Brent and its tributary, the River Lidding, and from Alperton by another tributary, Rowland’s Brook. It was first written down as Tokint’ in 1194 or 1171. By 1235 it had become Toketon and Tokyngton in 1508 becoming Okington in 1594.
24 total views, 1 views today