Named after one of the two companies that formed the Tottenham & Forest Gate Railway, the London, Tilbury & Southend Railway and the Midland Railway, which was formed by an Act of Parliament of 1890 and built as a joint venture. The nearby station was opened on July 9, 1894 and originally called Leyton. The line was authorised at the request of Sir Courtenay Warner, a property developer who owned land in Walthamstow, in order to serve the new developments there. On the opposite side of Leyton High Road is Midland Road.
335 total views, 1 views today