Before development the area of Spring Park, also known as Springpark Wood, was a forested area which was part of the Wickham Court Estate on the Kent – Surrey border. This extensive woodland featured in a map of field names in 1485 as Newe Parke. A glade being an open space in a wood or forest. A survey of the area in 1587 suggested that woods in the area were intensively managed to provide firewood or timber. The road was laid out in the 1930s over a former field on the edge of Springpark Wood. The Grove, Oaklands Avenue and The Grove were all developed at the same time.
7 total views, 1 views today