Place Name To mark the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1887, workmen dammed a stream running through meadowland near…
Place Name To mark the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria in 1887, workmen dammed a stream running through meadowland near…
Place Name Originally Durham Road. In 1923 a drainage application incorporating a Plan of Proposed Layout was submitted for The…
Place Name Originally called Albert Road. Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (August 26, 1819 – December 14, 1861) was…
Place Name Caroline Esther Bemish (1795 – 1872) was the wife of William Stratford, a local landowner. It is thought…
Place Name Agricultural heritage, renamed in 1935. Named after a 94 1/4 acre field, first last out in the Anglo-Saxon…
Place Name A large brewery – featured on Nicolas Lane’s map of the area from 1636 – stood to the…
Place Name Whitelands College, which formerly occupied this site and after which the Park is named, was a woman’s teaching…
Place Name Miroslaw (Mirek) Vitali, OBE (October 5, 1914 – February 19, 1992) was a physician specialising in the treatment…
Place Name Tangley is a small, village in the northwest of Hampshire. The name itself is Anglo Saxon and is…
Place Name Originally St John’s Road. The name changed shortly after the Second World War. The Polish Church of St…