This refers to the high ground north of Sudbury. Named after the local area from the Middle English words suth and bury meaning the south or southern manor, that is thought to be a reference to Harrow itself. In the late 13thCentury it was spelt Suthbery and a few years later as Sudbery. It took its contemporary spelling in 1382. Sudburyhill House is featured on the 1877 Ordnance Survey map.
120 total views, 1 views today