In Chipstead, Surrey. Named after Stagbury House, the former home of the Reverend Thomas Walpole (1755 – 1840), the eldest son of the Honourable Thomas Walpole, who owned Carshalton House from 1767 to 1782. In the 1890s, Henrietta Vade-Walpole oversaw the sale of land on the Stagbury estate to the South Eastern Railway with a view to exploiting the potential of the railway for property development, primarily aimed at wealthy City financiers. Stagbury house was demolished in 1972 and replaced with a development of town houses.
199 total views, 1 views today