The road is named after St Wilfrid’s Church, in Hayward’s Heath, Sussex, which is where the Reverend Robert Wyatt, the son of the owners of the Willenhall House estate near Prickers Hill, Enfield was installed when the church was consecrated on June 5, 1865. For the next 35 years he served as vicar and was succeeded by his son who was the incumbent for a further 39 years. Thomas Wyatt had bought the original Willenhall house, when it was called Belle Vue, in 1820 and left it to his wife Elizabeth when he died in 1834. It appears that the property was sold in 1862 and subsequently demolished. Also spelt St Wilfrid’s Road.
98 total views, 1 views today