Previously called Eagle Road, after a coaching inn that was here up until at least 1890, it became Snaresbrook Road by 1914. This is an ancient route with the name Snaresbrook first being recorded in 1599. The brook being referred to is the River Roding. It is thought the first element may literally mean the place where traps were set in Waltham Forest from the Old English smeare or possibly from a surname.
85 total views, 1 views today