Named after the Skardu Valley, in northern Pakistan in the Baltistan region. The street was originally part of Shoot Up Hill Farm purchased by John Powell, a secretary to George III and onetime Paymaster General, as an investment, in 1773. The following year he bought Kilburn Wood Farm. These farms were passed down through the family. Once the railways lines in the Kilburn area were established the land began to be sold for housing. All the roads were named after places local to the family’s property at Quex Park and later after places Major Powell-Cotton visited on his travels – around Africa and Asia. See also neighbouring Rondu Road.
18 total views, 1 views today