Henry Rydon (died January 1885) was a London property developer active in the 1850s. He was originally a tailor based at Finsbury Circus. During the 1830s he became involved in land ownership developing a brickfield and acquiring land near where he lived in Highbury. Sometime before 1847 he took over the Clothworkers’ and Church Commissioners’ estates and began building new properties. Between 1847 and 1852 he built 95 houses on the Church Commissioners’ land and 240 on the Clothworkers’. The Rydon Arms, a public house built in an area of Islington he was developing near Arlington Street and new North Road bears his name.
182 total views, 1 views today