A relatively new street, it was laid out around 2008, created following the redevelopment of the Beaumont Council Estate by London & Quadrant Housing Association. It recalls the Ryder family who briefly owned Leyton Grange Manor from 1599. Sir William Ryder (who died on August 30, 1611) was a former Lord Mayor of London. It was in this role that he played a prominent part in quashing the abortive rebellion led by the Earl of Essex, by publicly proclaiming Essex a traitor, which immediately caused much of his support to melt away. When his brother Edward Ryder died in 1609, he acquired the manor of Leyton Grange, then in Essex; which had previously been owned by Sir Oliver Cromwell, uncle of the Lord Protector. Upon his death the manor passed to his daughters.
52 total views, 1 views today