Named after Camelot’s Roundtable of Arthurian legend. This road on the Downham Estate, built sometime between 1924 and 1930, is one of several named after the Arthurian legend. It was around this table that King Arthur and his knights congregated. As its name suggests, it has no head, implying that everyone who sits there has equal status. The table was first described in 1155. The local school used to be named Malory after the author of L’Morte d’Arthur originally titled The Whole Book of King Arthur and His Noble Knights of the Round Table. The estate was built as part of the slum clearances following the First World War.