Named after the seat of the Norman family. Their association with Bromley Common began in 1755 when James Norman, after making a fortune in the timber trade, moved to the area. It became know as The Rookery sometime in the middle of the 19thCentury, presumably after a nearby colony of rooks. The house was destroyed by fire in 1946, having been requisitioned by the Government six years earlier.
242 total views, 1 views today