Named after the Roundu Valley, in northern Pakistan in the Baltistan region. The street was originally part of Shoot Up Hill Farm which was purchased by John Powell as an investment in 1773. The following year he bought Kilburn Wood Farm. These farms were passed down through the family. Once the railways lines in the Kilburn area were established the land began to be sold for housing. All the roads were named after places local to the family’s property at Quex Park and later after places Major Powell-Cotton visited on his travels around Africa and Asia. By 1900 there were six houses on this road.
7 total views, 1 views today