Following the First World War, the development of Sudbury as a residential suburb continued including an estate developed by British Freehold Investments Ltd in 1920. The estate’s tree-lined avenues were named after famous English public schools. Individual building plots were sold off to those who wanted their own homes, or to builders who wanted to construct a few at a time, which explains the mixture of house designs. Repton School in Derbyshire was established in 1557 following the term of the will of Sir John Port of Etwall who left funds to create a grammar school. The rest of the cluster of streets are Beaumont Avenue, Charterhouse Avenue, Eton Avenue, and Rugby Avenue.
98 total views, 1 views today