Like nearby Agister Road, Verderers Road and Harbourer Road, this is named after one of the occupations associated with the medieval Hainault Forest, one of the remaining sections of the former Forest of Essex. A regarder was a commission of 12 knights who would survey the woodland every three years and keep an overall eye on its management. This road, part of the Hainault Estate, was developed on former woodland in the early part of the 20thCentury, following the opening of the Hainault Station in 1903. The line was designed to stimulate suburban growth but was closed on October 1, 1908 due to a lack of custom and did not reopen until March 2, 1930.
98 total views, 1 views today