Originally one of the fields that made up Elm Farm on the Kent House estate, Reddons probably comes from the Middle English word meaning to read aloud, usually in the context of the Bible or a declaration. When the new railway line was laid out in 1858, the farm was split in two and as the population of Beckenham rapidly expanded to 13,000 residents during the latter part of the 19thCentury, three new stations were introduced on existing lines in the district. The first of these was Kent House Station in Plawsfield Road, which opened in 1884. By the following year this agricultural land was being developed to meet demand.
174 total views, 1 views today