Ravenswood House was a Queen Anne style mansion, which had been built in the 18thCentury on a site which had been used for some 300 years. The property, originally called Grove House was owned by Gilbert West, a friend of William Pitt, who stayed there while Hayes Place was being rebuilt. The property remained in domestic use being leased, and later bought, by Charles Hall in 1842. It was inherited by his daughters Emily and Ellen, neither of whom married. Following their deaths, Ravenswood was used unsuccessfully as an hotel before half of it was demolished in 1932 for the Plaza Cinema.
84 total views, 1 views today