Remembers Prospect House, a large Georgian building at Woodford Green built and occupied from around 1777 by philanthropist Robert Moxon. Moxon owned extensive estates in the Severn Valley, and in 1748 inherited the medieval Manor (also known as Hereford House) at Woodford Wells, today the site of Bancroft’s School. Prospect House has also since disappeared. Its name is most likely a literal one on account of the fine views it would have proffered. When he died in about 1786, Moxon left £50 to the poor of the parish. This street was developed about 1876 as part of a small estate consisting of Prospect Road, West Grove, and Avenue Road. Prior to that the land was part of the medieval Ray House estate.
147 total views, 1 views today