Previously called Ann’s Place, it is named after the Pritchard family. Andrew Pritchard, a “tilemaker of Hackney Road” in 1789, began to buy up and develop the area around Cambridge Heath from the 1770s. His estate grew and by the early 19thCentury covered a wide area. Nearby local streets names including Ada Place, Emma Street and Marian Place plus Ion Square are named after members of the family.
105 total views, 1 views today