One of the many versions that derives from the Manor of Honeylands and Pentriches, the original name of Capel Manor. It is thought that Pentriches also spelt Pentrich, Pentrich and Pentridge is of Celtic origin. In the 15thCentury it was joined with another property called Honeylands, which itself had various spellings including Honylands and Honeyland to form the Manor of Honeylands and Pentriches. In 1486 the manor was sold by Jane, wife of Sir Thomas Lewknor and widow of Sir John Yonge, to Sir William Capel. He built Capel House but by 1546 Sir Giles, Sir Henry, and Edward Capel surrendered the manor to the Crown. The association with the family, however, remained as the manor became known as Capels by 1615. This council estate was built north of Hoe Lane, around Meyer Gardens and Pentrich Avenue.
76 total views, 1 views today