Previously called St Martin’s Court, from the 1690s. This street name only goes back to 1993 and commemorates John Reid, the then longest-serving Pageantmaster of the Lord Mayor’s Shows, an 800-year-old traditional procession through the City of London. His record of overseeing the show 20 times beat the previous record held by Thomas Jourdan who did 14 shows between 1671 – 1685. Reid’s record was comparatively short-lived however after his successor and son, Dominic Reid, surpassed it after his death.
86 total views, 1 views today