Named after the former villa that was built here in around 1816. Neil Malcolm of Lamorbey was given land following the Enclosure of Bexleyheath and it was on this plot that he built the property, presumably after the local trees, the lawn was originally surrounded by trees. Within a year of completion, he had sold the property to a James Russell. For much of its early existence the house had a series of short-term owners and tenants. In 1863 it was taken over for use as a school. It was eventually sold to the local authority in 1903 and in 1979 was pulled down to make way for Bexley Council’s Civic Offices.
148 total views, 1 views today