This is a continuation of Old Quebec Street. The street itself was named after a chapel of ease called the Quebec Chapel which was founded on the present site of the Church of the Annunciation, Marble Arch, in 1787 commemorating General James Wolfe’s decisive victory against the French in Canada at the Battle of Quebec, fought in 1759. It is thought that it was built on the site of the riding school of the Portman Barracks. By the early 20thCentury the chapel had fallen into disrepair and it was demolished sometime around 1911.
170 total views, 1 views today