Named after Nevin McGladdery, chairman of Chingford Urban District Council when the Chingford County High School was opened in a temporary setting in 1938. McGladdery, from nearby Normanshire Farm, was a long-standing member of the municipal body. However the outbreak of World War Two meant that pupils were evacuated to the West Country and the buildings on Nevin Drive were not completed until 1941. The school was expanded in 1957 and became Chingford Senior High School. In 1986, the name changed to Chingford School and by 2000 it became Chingford Foundation School.
99 total views, 1 views today