George Murray (January 12, 1784 – February 16, 1860) served as Bishop of Rochester from 1827 until his death. He was the second son of George Murray, himself a bishop at St David’s, and the grandson of John Murray, 3rd Duke of Atholl, Chief of Clan Murray. Like many of the local streets it is named after one of the former Bishops of Rochester who from the 12thCentury to 1845 resided at Bromley Palace (also known as the Bishop’s Palace). It is now part of the Civic Centre.
57 total views, 1 views today