Charles Morgan Robinson Morgan, 1st Baron Tredegar (April 10, 1792 – April 16, 1875), owned property around Bow. This street was built on his land sometime around 1835. He was first elected Member of Parliament for Brecon in 1812 and was re-elected in 1830 and 1835. He was appointed High Sheriff of Monmouthshire for 1821 – 1822 and High Sheriff of Brecknockshire for 1850 – 1851. He was created Baron Tredegar in 1859 and was Lord Lieutenant of Monmouthshire from 1866 until his death.